Nom Nom .... Sinpopo Brand

Strongly recommended by some friends saying that I would surely love this place. Sinpopo Brand (新泡泡甜品小吃) was only a few days old then. After back from my Bangkok trip, I purposely made my trip down to the east area and revisit some other places as well, considering the amount of time needed to travel down from the north. What greeted us was the huge retro signboard of Sinpopo Brand, vintage television with some old biscuit tins and the brightly red painted metal door grille. Previously this shop was Everything With Fries and knowing now that Sinpopo serves mainly desserts, I knew I would like this shop more :D


Sinpopo Brand Sinpopo Brand Sinpopo Brand Sinpopo Brand Sinpopo Brand


With only Sinpopo Nasi Lemak, some roti (breads) and small bites as the main dishes, the majority of the menu are desserts and drinks. We decided to skip the main and ordered Sng Muay Pop, D24 Durian Pengat, Gula Melaka Soft Jelly and Attap Chee Ice Cream (with additional of attap chee from the boss hahahahaha, it does make a difference to this dessert). Sng Muay Pop was good on a humid day, Gula Melaka Soft Jelly and Attap Chee Ice Cream were alright but the signature Durian Pengat was too watery and sweet for my liking. I'm coming back soon to try the main dishes and hopefully by then the desserts would have improve.


Sinpopo Brand Sinpopo Brand Sinpopo Brand Sinpopo Brand


Sinpopo Brand
458 Joo Chiat Road
Singapore
 
( Closed on Mon ) 

2 notes:

Food Esteem | Love for Food • Passion for Photography said... [Reply]

I find that most of their desserts are on the sweeter side, but still yummy!

http://foodesteem.blogspot.com/2014/06/sinpopo-brand.html

Vivian said... [Reply]

@Food Esteem - yummy food do not come to you | you find them | Thank you for the comment and I guess after so long and many other reviews about their food, they should have improve. The mains on your blog does look yummy and may be I should try their mains again :)